In House Training
We bring the course to you, anywhere. You choose where and when you want it.
We are a fully accredited Highfield training centre to deliver this QCF qualification.
All of our trainers / tutors are very experienced and qualified in not only the subject but also in instructing the course.
Level 2 Award for Personal License Holders APLH (QCF)
The law requires alcohol sales on licensed premises to be made or authorised by a personal licence holder. Individuals applying for a personal licence must hold a regulated licensing qualification such as the HABC Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (QCF).
This qualification is regulated by both Ofqual and the Home Office, and has been designed to meet the statutory requirements of the Licensing Act 2003. Furthermore, whilst comprehensively covering the full framework as set down by the Government, this qualification is extremely straight-forward, user-friendly and free from unnecessary jargon. It also provides excellent value for money without compromising on quality.
The aim of this qualification is to provide individuals with essential knowledge of the legal framework surrounding the sale of alcohol in England and Wales. This includes key information on the responsibilities of personal licence holders, duties of the designated premises supervisor, the role of licensing authorities and police powers regarding licensed premises.
Achievement of this qualification forms an essential part of the personal licence application and enables those selling or authorising alcohol sales to operate both legally and responsibly.
Who needs this qualification?
Gain the qualification needed to apply for your Personal Licence in England and Wales and advance your career prospects within the licensed retail sector. This 1 day course should be taken by anyone who works in a role which requires them to authorise the sale of alcohol to the public (as per the legal requirements):
- Designated premises supervisor (DPS)
- Assistant Managers
- Staff seeking promotion to one of these positions.
What does the course involve?
The following is a list of the subjects covered during this course;
- The nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence.
- The application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence.
- The legal duties of a personal licence holder.
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities.
- Licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives.
- The nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body.
- The law in relation to premises licences appeal in respect of a premises licence Application.
- Role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS).
- The law in relation to Temporary Event Notices.
- Rights and legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to operation of licensed premises.
- The law in relation to the protection of children on licensed premises.
- The powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licensed premises.
- Prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities.
Persons gaining this qualification will understand the main requirements of the Licensing Act 2003 and the legal responsibilities of a personal licence holder.
The Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (QCF) is a qualification aimed at anyone working in or preparing to work in any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol.
It is a prerequisite for anyone who wishes to hold a personal licence.
Anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol by retail on licensed premises must hold a personal licence.
Successful candidates will achieve:
HABC Level 2 Award for Personal License Holders APLH (QCF)
Through a 60-minute, 40-question, multiple-choice examination.
Learners must achieve a score of at least 28 out of 40 in order to pass.
Suitability: Anyone who needs an accredited course to gain their personal license.
The cost of this course run at your site for a group of up to 12 is £396.00 + vat in addition there is a £10.00 + vat certification fee for each student. A comprehensive manual is also included for each student
Quality Training Materials
The best training materials there are, it’s that simple.
After Course Support
After the course our relationship is just beginning, we offer after course support to all, as standard.
On Site Training
Cant get to us for the training? Don’t worry, we can bring the course to you anywhere.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY
We love to help customers with their training needs. Drop us a line with your requirements and we will be in contact ASAP.